Kabuli chana or ‘Chickpeas’ is believed to be one of the earliest cultivated legumes. It is a small, hard, knobby, beige-coloured bean with a diameter of less than a centimetre. It looks kind of like a wrinkled hazelnut. Its nutty and creamy flavour, firm texture and minimal fat make it a versatile ingredient.
The desi varieties of chickpeas are small, angular seeds, which may be yellow, green, light brown or even black in colour.
- Premium quality, Whole Chickpeas, by Urban Platter.
- Sourced from Madhya Pradesh. All our food is ethically sourced, we ensure that the Farmer gets his due 🙂
- Chickpeas are a rich source of protein, minerals and carbs.
- Make Hummus (yum!) or fiery Chhole – the choice is yours!
- Urban Platter – Simply Good Food! 🙂