Savoury Tamarind Sauce Ingredients
- 15 to 20 large seedless dates
- 1 tbsp of tamarind paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cumin powder
Savoury Tamarind Sauce Steps
- Soak the dates in water and grind to a smooth puree in a mixer. Boil brown sugar in little bit of water (around 1/4 cup) to get a syrup consistency.
- Once the brown sugar is dissolved completely, add dates mixture, paprika and salt. Boil till it gets a sauce consistency.
- Dry roast cumin seeds till light golden and powder it well in a mortar and pestle.
- Add the cumin seed powder and switch off.