Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Vegan Pastry Cream
Pastry Cream or Creme Patissiere is a must-know recipe for any baker, but having this plant-based recipe in their repertoire is just as important!
- In a medium-sized pot, add the almond milk, sugar, potato starch, and cornstarch.
- Whisk well to dissolve the starches and combine everything well.
- Add the vegan butter and the vanilla bean paste.
- Heat over medium heat, whisking regularly until the butter is fully melted.
- Whisk constantly until the mixture completely thickens and comes to a gentle boil.
- Remove from the heat as soon as the mixture has thickened and transfer to a bowl or deep plate
- Immediately cover with plastic film that is touching the surface of the pastry cream as this will ensure that a skin does not form over the cream.
- Let the cream cool for about 20 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once completely chilled, the cream will thicken much more.
- Before using the cream, whisk it once more as this will make it much smoother and creamier.
- Add this beautifully thick and creamy Vegan Pastry Cream to your favourite desserts.
Serving: 50g | Calories: 593kcal | Carbohydrates: 90g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 846mg | Potassium: 250mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 54g | Vitamin A: 1069IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 616mg | Iron: 1mg