Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
Chocolate Cupcakes are always a good idea and when they're completely vegan, you don't have to think twice before popping on into your mouth!
- Cupcake Tray
- Cupcake Liners
For the Cupcakes
Making the Cupcakes
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder and mix well to combine the dry ingredients.
- Now, add the oat milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Using a whisk, combine all of the ingredients into a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake mould and bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- To test if the cupcakes are fully baked or not, stick a toothpick into the centre of the cakes and if the toothpick comes out smoothly without any batter stuck to it, then the cakes are fully baked.
Making the Vegan Frosting
- In a large bowl, add the coconut cream, sugar, and blue spirulina powder.
- Using a hand beater, beat the cream into a smooth frosting.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag with a star tip and pipe on top of the cupcakes!
Serving: 100g | Calories: 801kcal | Carbohydrates: 141g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2255mg | Potassium: 587mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 492IU | Calcium: 628mg | Iron: 11mg