Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Brioche is one of the world's most famous breads, loaded with butter and eggs, just like the French love it. Attempting to make a plant-based version of this enriched bread was quite challenging, but we think that we've absolutely nailed it!
Servings: 1 loaf
- 3 cups Bread Flour
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Active dry Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 large Potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- ¼ cup Water
- ½ cup Vegan Butter (melted)
- In a large bowl, add all of the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, and yeast.
- Using a whisk, mix all of these ingredients well and set it aside.
- In a high speed blender, place the potatoes and water and blend into a smooth potato puree.
- Transfer the potato puree to a stand mixer fixed with a whisk or paddle attachment.
- Add the melted butter to the potatoes in the mixer and mix until well combined and creamy.
- Now, replace the paddle attachment with a dough hook and slowly start adding the dry ingredients mixture 1 cup at a time.
- Once you’ve added all of the dry ingredients into the mixer, knead the dough for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the stand mixer.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and pour the dough over it. Continue kneading for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer this dough to a large bowl and cover with a soft cloth or plastic. Place the bowl in a warm and temperate climate so that the dough proves well. It should take about 1.5 to 2 hours to double in size.
- Once the dough has proved well and doubled in size, take it out of the bowl and onto a lightly floured surface.
- Lightly punch the dough to flatten it and cut into 3 equal portions. Prepare a bread loaf by lining it with baking paper on all sides.
- Roll the dough portions into tight balls, like you would for burger buns. Place the rolls into the bread pan and cover it again with the plastic. Place in the warm and temperate spot again and let it prove for another hour.
- Once the dough is well proved, brush the top with a glaze made with maple syrup and almond milk.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for 20 minutes.
- Once fully baked, remove from the oven and brush with some butter right away. Let the bread cool completely in the pan and then remove.
- This beautiful buttery, soft, and fluffy brioche is now ready to eat!
Serving: 100g | Calories: 3201kcal | Carbohydrates: 542g | Protein: 77g | Fat: 82g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 23g | Monounsaturated Fat: 31g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3145mg | Potassium: 5298mg | Fiber: 40g | Sugar: 76g | Vitamin A: 4345IU | Vitamin C: 218mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 13mg
Price: ₹195.00 (incl. of tax)