Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Vegan Blue Cheesecake
Just looking at this beautifully smooth and blue cheesecake might get your mouth watering! This recipe might look intimidating, but trust us! Follow the recipe and you'll be enjoying a beautiful BLUE cheesecake by evening!
Servings: 8 people
- 8-inch Springform Pan
For Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Decoction
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea
For the Cheesecake Base
Making the Blue Tea Decoction
- In a pot, add the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the blue tea and and let it boil for 1 minute.
- Strain the tea and set aside.
Making the Cheesecake Base:
- In a food processor, add the almonds and grind them into a fine powder.
- Now, add the dates, salt, desiccated coconut, and coconut oil.
- Grind all of these ingredients into a sticky and coarse base for the cheesecake.
- Line a 8-inch springform pan with baking paper cut into a circle and add the this base to the pan.
- Using your hands, evenly flatten the base until you have a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, you can make the cheesecake filling.
Making the Cheesecake filling:
- In high speed blender, add the cashews, coconut cream, and maple syrup.
- In a pan, add 1/2 cup of blue tea decoction and bring to a slow boil.
- Add the agar powder and mix well to combine. Let the decoction thicken slightly.
- Add this thick decoction to the blender.
- Blend on high speed until you have a super smooth cashew puree with a beautiful blue color.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the base in the springform pan and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Once everything is fully set, remove the cake from the springform pan and enjoy the blue deliciousness!
Serving: 70g | Calories: 519kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 590mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 3mg