Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Vegan Besan Laddoo
Besan Laddoo has been an integral part of Indian culture and cuisine for several years especially in the western parts of the country! Our plant-based version of this classic chickpea flour dessert is just as delicious and decadent as regular Besan Laddoo!
Servings: 10 laddoos
- In a wide pot, add the ghee and melt.
- Turn the heat to low and add the besan to the melted ghee.
- Cook the besan and ghee mixture over low heat for 30 to 35 minutes.
- As the besan cooks, it will turn into a soft paste in the first 15 to 20 minutes.
- Continue stirring and cooking the laddoo mixture until it becomes slightly crumbly.
- Add the sliced pistachios and chopped almonds to the crumbly besan mixture and mix well to combine everything.
- Set the mixture aside to cool down for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once the mixture has cooled down and is slightly warm to the touch, we can start shaping our laddoos!
- Make about 40 to 50 gram portions and start rolling them in your hands!
- Repeat the process with the entire mixture and garnish with sliced pistachios!
- Store in an air-tight container for upto 1 week.
Serving: 50g | Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg