Tomato and Za'atar Bruschetta
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Place the sourdough slices on a metal rack and drizzle ¼ cup of the olive oil onto the bread.
- Toast the bed in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes, until crispy. Remove the bread toast from the oven and let it cool.
- In a bowl, add the cherry tomatoes, 1 tbsp of Za’atar, remaining ¼ cup of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer these beautifully marinated tomatoes onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes, until they are soft and fully cooked.
- Transfer the cooked tomatoes along with its juices back into a bowl and stir well to coat the cooked tomatoes in the juices and olive oil.
- Thinly slice the fresh basil leaves and set aside.
- Top the crunchy sourdough toasts with the roasted cherry tomatoes and sliced basil. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of Za’atar across all the bruschetta and enjoy with a chilled glass of white wine.
Spices, Herbs & Masalas