Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Tofu Tikka Masala
The ONLY Tofu Tikka Masala recipe you will ever need is here!
Servings: 4 people
For the Tofu Tikka
For the Tikka Masala Gravy
For the Tofu Tikka Masala
- 2 Onions (chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Tandoori Tikka Masala
Making the Tofu Tikka
- Cut the Tofu into cubes and place in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the Tandoori Tikka Masala, ginger garlic paste, and oil.
- Mix well until everything is well combined.
- Now, pour the marinade over the tofu and mix to coat the tofu well.
- Marinate the tofu in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Remove the tofu from the fridge and skewer on wooden or metal skewers.
- Place the skewers on a tray and bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until a charred crust is formed.
- Remove the Tofu Tikka from the oven and set aside.
Making the Tikka Masala Gravy
- In a large pot, add the tomatoes, ginger, garlic, cashews and whole spices.
- Cover with the water and place the pot over medium heat.
- Bring the pot to a boil and continue cooking until the cashews are completely soft.
- This process will take about an hour or so. Once completely cooked, remove the pot from the heat and set aside to cool down.
- Once cool, transfer to a blender and blend until a smooth puree is formed. You can add some water as needed for smooth blending.
- Be careful to completely blend the whole spices as they can be very unpleasant when chewed on!
Making the Tofu Tikka Masala
- In a pot, add some oil and heat.
- Add the onions and cook them until they are fully caramelised.
- Now, add the ginger-garlic paste and cook until the raw aroma and taste has disappeared.
- Add the Tandoori Tikka Masala and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Now, add the blended gravy to the cooked onions. Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking the gravy for at least 10-15 minutes.
- A good way to gauge if the gravy is done cooking is to taste it!
- If you’re still tasting raw spices, then you need to cook the gravy more. Be careful with splatter from the gravy as it will be really hot!
- You can add some water to the gravy as needed and if it is getting too thick.
- Once the gravy is fully cooked, add the Tofu Tikka Cubes to the gravy and serve with some rice and naan!
Serving: 200g | Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 910mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2086IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 3mg