Servings: 4 portions
For the Caramel:
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
Making the Caramel
- In a pot, add the sugar and water and place the pot over heat.
- Cook the sugar until you achieve an amber colour.
- Once you’ve reached the perfect caramel colour, pour a small layer of caramel in your ramekins.
Making the Thandai Custard
- In a pot, add the coconut cream and bring to a simmer.
- As the coconut cream is heating up, add the OatWOW, Thandai Syrup, Maple Syrup, and cornstarch to a bowl.
- Whisk vigorously until there are no lumps.
- Add this mixture to the simmering coconut cream and whisk well.
- Now, using a spatula, stir continuously as the custard begins to thicken.
- Keep cooking the custard until it is fully thick. Once cooked, remove from the heat.
- Pour the custard over the hardened caramel and quickly cover the surface with plastic.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour until fully set.
- Demould the caramel custard onto a plate and enjoy!
Serving: 100g | Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 37g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 390mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 3mg