Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Summertime Za'atar Flatbread
Summer is here in its full glory and this recipe is a great recipe to use fresh ingredients paired with one of the best spice mixes in the world! The unique blend of thyme, marjoram, coriander, cumin and sumac in Za'atar truly elevates this flatbread recipe to a different level!
Servings: 2 Flatbreads
Making the Dough
- In a mug or cup, add the warm water, sugar and active dry yeast and mix well to combine. Let the yeast mixture sit in a warm and ambient place to get activated.
- Once the yeast is frothy and bubbly, it is an indication that the yeast has been activated.
- In a wide bowl, add the flour, 1 tbsp of Za'atar, and the salt. Add the frothy yeast mixture and start kneading the dough.
- Add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and continue kneading until you have a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a soft cloth and let it rest for at least an hour or until it doubles in volume.
Shaping and Baking the Flatbread
- Divide the dough into 2 portions. Each portion will yield one thick flatbread.
- Dust the surface lightly with flour. Place the dough onto the flour and using your palm, flatten the dough ball slightly. Using a rolling pin, start rolling the dough into a circular like making a roti.
- Roll the dough out to a thickness of about ½-inch. Once the dough is made, sprinkle the dough with 1 tbsp each of Za'atar and Olive oil.
- Bake the flatbread at 200°C for 5 to 6 until completely golden brown and cooked evenly.
- Repeat the same process with the other dough portion.
- Top the flatbread with your favorite summertime ingredients! We topped ours with beautiful cherry tomatoes, baby spinach, yellow bell peppers and a heavy drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil!
- What better way to get creative this summer than with the blank canvas of a beautifully aromatic za'atar flatbread? Show us your creations on social media by tagging us @urbanplatter.in
Serving: 50g | Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1354mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 49IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg
Active Dry Yeast