Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Summer Couscous Salad
Semolina Couscous is a widely used starch that has its origins in the Middle East. It is so famous around the world for its soft and light texture and the ability to take on any flavor that it is paired with. Our Summer iteration of this beautiful starch is loaded with lots of fresh veggies and paired with flavorful Cajun Cauliflower!
Servings: 4 people
- In a large bowl, add the couscous and top it with 1 tsp each of salt and pepper and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the boiling water and stir well. Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Once it has rested and is completely cooked and soft, fluff the couscous using a fork.
- In a separate bowl, add the lemon juice, 14 cup of olive oil, minced garlic, and 1 tsp each of salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine into a homogenous dressing.
- Into the couscous, add the red beans, green peas, bell peppers, cucumber and pomegranate seeds. Mix our delicious and vibrant couscous salad well to coat everything in the dressing.
- In a separate bowl, add the cauliflower and coat it in olive oil and cajun seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake on a baking tray at 180 C for 10 to 12 minutes. Once the cauliflower is completely cooked, take them out of the oven and cool them down.
- Add couscous salad to a bowl and top it off with the Cajun roasted cauliflower and enjoy this healthy and delicious salad!
Serving: 100g | Calories: 490kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 53mg | Potassium: 827mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1397IU | Vitamin C: 132mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 2mg