Spiced Gingerbread Cookies
For Chia Egg
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 tbsp Water
For Gingerbread Cookie
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 3 tbsp Warm Water
For Chia Egg
- In a small bowl, add the chia seeds and the water and let the seeds soak for about 5 minutes.
- The chia seeds will gelatinize and turn into a sticky egg like mixture.
For the Gingerbread Cookies
- In a bowl, add the brown sugar, molasses, coconut oil, and the chia egg.
- Whisk well to combine everything and keep whisking until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger powder, nutmeg powder, and cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Add all of the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture.
- Using a whisk, combine everything well and turn it into a dough using your hands. Be careful to not knead the dough a lot. as this will result in very crisp cookies, which is not desirable.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Place a baking paper on a flat surface, place the dough on it and place another baking sheet on top.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough out into a sheet and cut into cookies of your desired shape.
- Bake the cookies at 180°C for 12 minutes.
For the Icing
- In a small bowl, add the icing sugar and warm water and mix until there are no lumps.
- Fill a piping bag with this icing and once the cookies have completely cooled down, decorate them as you wish!
MRP ₹200(incl. of tax)
MRP ₹350(incl. of tax)