Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
From the streets of Valencia straight to your home!
Servings: 4 people
For the Stock:
- 4 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Spanish Paella Seasoning
Making the Paella Stock
- In a pot, add the water and bring to a boil.
- Now, add the Spanish Paella Seasoning and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
Making the Paella
- In a large pan, add the olive oil and heat.
- Add the portobello mushrooms and cook until they are perfectly caramelised.
- Now, add the onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Follow by adding the diced bell pepper and sliced green onions.
- Cook further for 2 to 3 minutes, and add the tomato.
- Cook this mixture until the tomatoes are fully cooked.
- Now, add the arborio rice and toast lightly.
- Add the paella broth slowly and in batches.
- Using a spatula, make small holes throughout the surface of the rice and let the water seep in.
- DO NOT STIR THE RICE!
- Continue cooking the rice until soft by adding the broth 1 cup at a time.
- Once the rice is cooked, place the pan over high heat and move it around all sides to create the perfect Soccarat!
- Garnish with your faves!
Serving: 200g | Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1218IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 3mg