Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
South-East Asian Risotto Bowl
A warm and comforting bowl of risotto flavored with ingredients from all over South-East Asia!
Coconut Milk Risotto
Miso Glazed Tofu
- few sprigs Fresh Coriander
- 15 g Roasted peanuts
- 1 Lime (cut into wedges )
Making Pickled Vegetables
- In a medium pot, add all the water, sugar, mirin, and rice wine vinegar and bring to a boil. Once the sugar is completely dissolved, take it off the heat and transfer to a bowl to cool it down.
- As the pickling liquid is cooling, add the julienne vegetables to the liquid and store them in the liquid for 3 to 4 hours. T
- The pickled vegetables can be saved for later use in the pickling liquid as well.
Making the Risotto
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add the coconut oil and the minced ginger. Cook the ginger until it is highly aromatic and you see a little browning.
- Add the diced onions and cook further for about 2 to 3 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the sliced garlic and cook until the raw aroma has completely disappeared.
- Add the arborio rice and mix well. Continue mixing on the heat as this will "toast" the rice giving it a nice nutty flavor.
- Add the water and stir the rice well. As the rice cooks, it will absorb all of the water. Make sure that you stir at regular intervals to achieve the trademark creamy texture of risotto.
- Once all of the water has been absorbed by the rice, add half the quantity of coconut milk and the kaffir lime leaves. Continue stirring at regular intervals until the coconut milk is absorbed by the rice as well.
- Add the remaining half of the coconut milk and continue the process. If the rice is not cooked after absorbing the coconut milk, add 3 to 4 tbsp of water.
- Once the rice is fully cooked, season with salt.
Making the Miso Glazed Tofu
- In a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil. Add the tofu slices to the hot oil and cook them until the tofu has a golden brown color.
- Add the water and miso paste and turn off the heat. Using a spoon, mix the miso into the water and evenly coat all the tofu slices.
Serving the Risotto Bowl
- Serve the risotto hot and top it with the miso glazed tofu, pickled vegetables, roasted peanuts, lime wedges and coriander sprigs.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 590kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Sodium: 276mg | Potassium: 374mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 2098IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 5mg