Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Sicilian Mushroom and Pea Risotto
Risotto is one of those traditional recipes that has a reputation of being tough to make, but we're here to bust those myths! Once you have the technique of making risotto, the timing and consistency of when to add ingredients, and you can become a risotto master too!
Servings: 2 people
- In a large bowl, add 2 cups of hot water and the dried shiitake mushrooms. Make sure that all the mushrooms are immersed.
- Let the mushrooms soak in the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the water. Reserve the flavorful mushroom water in the bowl.
- Finely slice the mushrooms and set aside.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of water and Bouillon Powder to the mushroom soaking water and mix well to combine everything.
- In a wide pot, add the olive oil and heat. add the onions and cook until they are translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook further for 2 minutes.
- Add the Arborio Rice and "toast" the rice in the pan for 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and toast everything together for another minute.
- Now, we will start adding our flavorful broth, 1 cup at a time.
- Every time you add a cup of the flavorful liquid, you must stir and let the rice soak up all of the liquid.
- Once you have added all of the liquid, continue to stir until the rice has a beautifully creamy consistency.
- Add the blanched green peas, vegan parmesan and the chopped coriander.
- Enjoy this beautiful, creamy risotto with a glass of red wine.
Serving: 200g | Calories: 589kcal | Carbohydrates: 101g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 570IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 6mg