Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Shahi Thandai Nankhatai
The festival of colors is almost here! This traditional shortbread cookie with flavors of the special Holi beverage is what dreams are made of! The perfect crunchy, buttery, and completely vegan blend of all things Holi! So, get your hands on this recipe because it is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Servings: 8 cookies
- It is one of the most exciting times of the year because the festival of colors is just around the corner! We know you're already gearing up for all the fun and we are here to make Holi slightly more memorable for you!
- This is one of the easiest recipes you can find but the flavors of Thandai are what make it so so special!
- In a large bowl, add the whole wheat flour, coconut flour, Thandai spice mix, pistachios, coconut jaggery powder, and baking powder. Mix well to combine.
- While mixing, slowly add the vegan ghee into the dry ingredients in batches.
- Continue to mix until a dough is formed. Rest the nankhatai dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Once the dough is well rested, divide it into 8 portions and shape them as desired (you can make rounds and flatten them slightly on a baking tray).
- Bake the nankhatai for 12 minutes. Once baked, transfer the nankhatai to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy this flavorful cookie with a tall glass of some cold Thandai!
Serving: 30g | Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 9IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg