Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
San Marzano Chutney
If you ant to savour the true taste of San Marzano Tomatoes, you need to have this recipe in your life! Making this chutney will bring out all of those intense flavours out from the tomato and will give you a sticky and jammy spread for your perfectly toasted sourdough slices!
Servings: 2 cups
- In a wide pot over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook until slightly translucent.
- Add the San Marzano Tomatoes and cook while regularly stirring for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once the liquid from the tomatoes has slightly evaporated, add the vinegar and jaggery powder. Stir to combine well.
- Continue cooking over a low heat and keep stirring to ensure that the jam doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the ginger powder, cumin powder and the lemon juice.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes until the chutney becomes tick and jammy.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool the chutney down completely.
- Once completely cooled, transfer to an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator.
Serving: 50g | Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 277mg | Potassium: 734mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 456IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 4mg