Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Rose-y Gulkand Phirni
The centuries old preserved rose petal condiment of Gulkand has certainly seen several changes in cuisine and culture. We have paired this beautifully floral and flavorful rose preserve with our naturally sweet almond milk to create another traditional dessert, Phirni!
Servings: 3 cups
- In a food processor, add the soaked rice and the water and grind the rice.
- In a wide pot, add the oat milk and bring to a boil. Add the blended rice and stir well.
- Add the gulkand, cardamom powder, and jaggery powder and stir well again to combine.
- On a low flame, continue cooking until the phirni has thickened and has reached a beautiful and subtle brown color. this should take about 20 minutes.
- Add the chopped pistachios and cashews to the phirni and stir to combine.
- Once the phirni has thickened and the rice is cooked, pour it into your desired bowl or cup and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Garnish with rose petals and enjoy this delicious, creamy and rose-y dessert fully chilled!
Serving: 50g | Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 370mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 736IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 509mg | Iron: 4mg