Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Rice Paper Tteokbokki
This traditional Korean street-food has taken the world by storm! We’re sharing a quick and easy way for you to make your own rice cakes and turn them into Tteokbokki!
Servings: 2 people
- Place some cold water in a wide bowl.
- Place the rice paper sheets in the water one by one to hydrate.
- Once hydrated, place the rice paper sheets on a flat surface.
- Stack the paper sheets one on top of the other 3 times.
- Once you have a stack of 3 sheets, begin rolling them slowly into a tight roll.
- Cut the roll into 2-3 inch batons and set aside.
- In a wide pot, add the water and bring it to a boil. Add the Kombu and boil further for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and remove the piece of kombu out.
- Add the Doenjang, Ssamjang, and gochugaru to the water.
- Mix well until a smooth sauce is formed.
- Now, add the mushrooms and spring onions to the sauce.
- Cook this mixture further until the sauce has fully thickened.
- Now add the rice paper cakes into the sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Your Tteokbokki is now ready! Enjoy with a hot bowl of rice.
Serving: 200g | Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 805mg | Potassium: 418mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1694IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 4mg