Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
From one of the most inspiring Disney movies, This flavoursome vegetable stew of Provence, typically consisting of late summer vegetables is a great way to use up the leftover veggies.
Servings: 4 People
- Cast Iron Skillet/ Casserole dish
- Basic Kitchen Equipment
- 2 Tomatoes (1/2 inch Circles)
- 2 Sweet Potato (1/2 inch Circles)
- 1 Yellow Zucchini (1/2 inch Circles)
- 1 Green Zucchini (1/2 inch Circles)
- 1 Aubergine (1/2 inch Circles)
- 1 Roasted Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Roasted Yellow Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Roasted White Onion (Diced)
- 1 Roasted Carrot (Diced)
- 1 Celery (Diced)
- 400 g Canned Tomatoes (Chopped)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1.5 Tbsp Herbs De Provence
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 g Parsley (Minced)
- Salt & Pepper
- Wash all the veggies throughly and use a mandoline or cut the vegetables into thin circles. (½ inch thick)
- Roast the onion, bell peppers & carrot in an oven and drizzle with olive oil. Once slightly charred, dice the roasted vegetables and the celery stick, let it cook on a medium heat in a saucepan.
- Once well sautéed add in the canned tomatoes, minced garlic, along with the herbs and let it simmer.
- Once reduced, Blitz the sauce till it's fine and smooth. Now, take a casserole dish and layer the sauce at the bottom. Then, layer the veggies in a pattern.
- In a small bowl, prep the dressing oil (Extra virgin olive oil, Garlic, Parsley, Salt & Pepper) and spoon it on top of the veggies.
- Cover with parchment paper to avoid a charred top and bake the ratatouille at 200°C for 20-25 minutes.
Serving: 200g | Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 353mg | Potassium: 1560mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 19828IU | Vitamin C: 105mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 5mg