Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Quinoa Masala Khichdi
We all know that Khichdi can be quite boring, but we won't let that happen! Our novel way of making Khichdi slightly interesting includes our very own Quinoa grown right here in the country!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup Quinoa (rinsed)
- 1/2 cup Moong Dal (soaked)
- 1 tbsp Vegan Ghee
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 to 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Chilly Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 cup Carrot (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Green Peas (boiled)
- 1/4 cup Green Beans (chopped)
- 500 ml Water
- In a wide pot over a medium flame, add the vegan ghee and melt.
- Once the ghee is hot, add the cumin and the bay leaf. cook the spies for about 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until translucent. Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, chilly powder and garam masala to the onions and cook further for about 2 minutes, until the spices are aromatic and fragrant.
- Ad the tomatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the water has completely evaporated.
- Add the carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the green beans and green peas and mix everything well.
- Add the moong dal and the quinoa and mix well to combine with the masala.
- Add the water and cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and check if the dal and the quinoa is fully cooked.
- Once everything is fully cooked, use a wooden spoon to mix everything well and to slightly break up the grains and to achieve a "khichdi" consistency.
- Enjoy the khichdi piping hot!
Serving: 200g | Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 522mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3136IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 5mg