Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Quick & Easy Caramel Custard
We all have fond childhood memories of slurping creamy and soft caramel custard. Using Urban Platter's European custard powder, the preparation time for the custard has literally been cut in half, Beware! There is no going back to traditional custards once you've tried our sensational product.
Servings: 4 custards
Making the Caramel
- In a small pot, add ½ cup of brown sugar, 2 tbsp of water and dissolve the sugar.
- Start heating the pot slowly as we begin to make the caramel. Swirl the pot around slowly as the sugar cooks and turns a dark amber color.
- Continue cooking the sugar until there is no visible steam coming out from the pot and a dark amber color has been reached.
- Once the caramel is ready, pour into a thin layer into ramekins and set aside.
Making the Custard
- In a medium pot, add the Oatwow, ½ cup brown sugar, custard powder, and vanilla bean paste and whisk until there are no lumps of the custard powder.
- Start heating this custard powder until it reaches a boil. Add the agar agar powder and continue to whisk until the agar is completely dissolved.
- Bring the custard mixture to a boil again and pour into the ramekins that have the caramel in them.
- Refrigerate for 30 to 40 minutes. Once the custards are set, flip them over onto plates and enjoy cold!
Serving: 50g | Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 73mg | Sugar: 54g | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg