Quick & Easy Caramel Custard
Making the Caramel
- In a small pot, add ½ cup of brown sugar, 2 tbsp of water and dissolve the sugar.
- Start heating the pot slowly as we begin to make the caramel. Swirl the pot around slowly as the sugar cooks and turns a dark amber color.
- Continue cooking the sugar until there is no visible steam coming out from the pot and a dark amber color has been reached.
- Once the caramel is ready, pour into a thin layer into ramekins and set aside.
Making the Custard
- In a medium pot, add the Oatwow, ½ cup brown sugar, custard powder, and vanilla bean paste and whisk until there are no lumps of the custard powder.
- Start heating this custard powder until it reaches a boil. Add the agar agar powder and continue to whisk until the agar is completely dissolved.
- Bring the custard mixture to a boil again and pour into the ramekins that have the caramel in them.
- Refrigerate for 30 to 40 minutes. Once the custards are set, flip them over onto plates and enjoy cold!