Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Punjabi Style Garlic Naan
Garlic Naan might just be India's favorite bread to eat with our curries! the soft and fluffy interior with the intense garlic flavor is definitely to die for! Urban Plater's Active Dry Yeast makes it easy for you to achieve that soft texture and beautiful flavor!
Servings: 6 naans
- In a large bowl, add the warm water, sugar and active dry yeast. Whisk and combine well. Place the bowl in a warm and temperate place for the yeast to activate.
- After 8 to 10 minutes, the yeast will have activated. Add the flour, salt and 2 tbso of olive oil and combine to form a dough.
- Transfer the dough to a flat surface and knead for 3 to 5 minute until a smooth dough is formed. Coat the surface of the dough with a little olive oil and cover with a towel.
- Let the yeast work its magic for about an hour. After an hour, the dough will have doubled in size. Punch down the dough and break off portions so that you can start rolling the naan.
- Using a rolling pin, start rolling the dough portions into a flat, elongated shape. Sprinkle some garlic, nigella seeds and coriander to the flat dough and roll over it with the rolling pin again. Make sure you don't use too much of the toppings for each garlic naan!
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat. Add some olive oil and start toasting the naan on it, about 1 minute per side.
- Brush some more olive oil on the naan and toast further for a minute on high heat, until the dough is fully cooked and the surface has a nice golden brown color.
- Enjoy the garlic naan with your choice of curries and subjis!
Serving: 50g | Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 279mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 2mg