Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Pumpkin Aglio e Olio
Inspired by the classic Pumpkin Kootu from Southern India, this version of aglio e olio is a warm hug on a plate. With loads of garlic and curry leaves, this dish will leave you smiling any day of the week!
Servings: 2 people
- In a medium pot, bring 500 ml of water to a boil. Add the pumpkin and cook until it is completely soft.
- Once the pumpkin is fully cooked, drain the water and mash the pumpkin using a fork. Set aside to cool down slightly.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water but drain it about 2 minutes before it is completely cooked. This will allow us to cook it further in the coming steps. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil. Follow by adding the curry leaves and cook until they splatter.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and cook until they are toasted and turn slightly brown.
- Now, lower the heat and add the sliced garlic. Thinly sliced garlic has a tendency to burn, so you must keep stirring and work fairly quickly.
- Once the garlic has turned beautifully golden brown, add the the reserved pasta water.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix well to combine and make a smooth sauce. Now, add the cooked pasta to the pumpkin sauce and mix well to combine the pasta completely. Taste and season with salt.
- Transfer your aromatic Pumpkin Aglio e Olio to a plate and enjoy it with a glass of white wine!
Serving: 100g | Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 324mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 193IU | Vitamin C: 105mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 3mg