Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Portuguese Rice Pudding
Arroz Doce or Portuguese Rice Pudding is a traditional and celebratory dish from the beautiful villages of Portugal! Our version is made with our delectable Arborio rice and Almond milk and scented with a little cinnamon!
Servings: 2 bowls
- In a pot, add the Arborio rice, cinnamon stick, and water.
- Cover with a lid and cook until the rice is completely soft.
- Once the water has been absorbed, add 1/2 cup Almond Milk and cook while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the almond milk in batches of 1/2 cup each and continue stirring.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar towards the end and stir well to dissolve.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon powder as a garnish.
- Transfer to your desired bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy cold!
Serving: 100g | Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 338mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 366mg | Iron: 3mg