Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
A traditional Middle-Eastern flatbread, relished with a variety of dips, spreads and falafels. Each region has its own take on the Pita bread due to the diverse origin and culture.
Servings: 4 People
- Rolling Pin
- Kitchen Scale
- Basic Kitchen Equipment
- In a mixing bowl, combine 100ml of warm water with yeast, salt, sugar and olive oil. Stir until dissolved. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes to prove.
- Measure and add in 250gs of flour and mix the dough together and Knead the dough well for about 8 minutes.
- If the dough is dry add water accordingly but do not add excess. Cover and let the rest for 2 hours.
- Once rested, cut the dough into equal portions and use a rolling pin to shape the dough into slightly thick ovals/circles.
- Oil a non stick pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side OR put the shaped dough into a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes at 190°C.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 876mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 3mg
Active Dry Yeast