Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Pecan Pie Custard
A novel twist to the All-American classic, this Pecan Pie custard is bound to satisfy your soul. Using Urban Platter's Jumbo Pecan Nuts and real Canadian Maple Syrup, this cup of custard is what sweet dreams are made of!
Servings: 2 cups
Making the Cashew Cream
- Soak the cashews in the water for 8 hours (preferably overnight)
- Drain the water and add the soaked cashews to a blender along with the vanilla extract, maple syrup, and salt.
- Blend until a very smooth paste is formed. If need be, add 2 tbsp of water to blend the cashews into a smooth paste. Your vegan cashew cream is ready!
- Remove the cream from the blender and transfer to a bowl. Cover with cling film and refrigerate until you are ready to assemble the custard.
Making the Pecan Pie Filling
- Pour the coconut milk in a bowl and add the corn starch to it. Whisk until there are no lumps visible in the coconut milk. The corn starch will act as a thickener giving the pecan pie filling the perfect consistency.
- Chop the pecan nuts into small pieces. In a medium pot over medium heat, add the vegan ghee and melt.
- Add the chopped pecans to the ghee and toast them for about 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the maple syrup and coconut sugar to the pecans and keep stirring until the sugar is completely melted.
- Now, add the coconut milk mixture to the pecans and stir well. Cook the pecan pie filling for 2 to 3 minutes.
- As the pecan pie filling cooks further, it will thicken and all the pecans will be held together in the coconut milk sauce. Transfer the filling to a bowl and cool it down completely.
- Once the Pecan Pie filling is completely cooled down, we are ready to assemble the Pecan Pie Custards.
Assembling the Pecan Pie Custards
- Add a heaping spoonful of the cashew cream to the bottom of the cups that you are going to serve the custards in.
- Follow by adding a layer of the pecan pie filling over the cashew cream. The layers need to be visible from the outside, so add as much filling as needed.
- Repeat this process for again for a layer each. Once the custards are assembled, refrigerate them for 30 minutes.
- Once the custards are set, you are ready to devour them with your friends and family!
Serving: 100g | Calories: 1479kcal | Carbohydrates: 162g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 88g | Saturated Fat: 36g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 2463mg | Potassium: 1375mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 106g | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 212mg | Iron: 13mg