nt. SprinklAdd the
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Pasta alla Norma
The combination of Tomatoes and Eggplant is a famous one as you can see in classic dishes like Ratatouille from France. In Italy, this combination gave rise to a delicious pasta preparation called Pasta alla Norma which vaguely translates to the masterpiece pasta!
Servings: 2 people
For the Roasted Eggplant
- 2 Eggplants (cubed)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Roasting the Eggplant
- In a baking tray, place the cubed eggplant and pour the olive oil onto the eggplant.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix well to coat all of the eggplant.
- Roast the eggplant at 230 C for 10 to 15 minutes.
Making the Pasta
- In a wide pot over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce and pasta water and mix well to combine.
- Add the mixed herbs, salt, and pepper to the sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix well to coat the pasta completely.
- Add the roasted eggplant to the pasta and mix well again.
- Finish with the chopped basil and serve piping hot with some toasted bread.
Serving: 250g | Calories: 633kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 1385mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 368IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 3mg