Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Nutritious Oats Upma
Morning breakfasts can get really boring! But worry not! You always have our amazing recipes to spruce up your morning routines and get a kick of nutritious food with it! this fiber rich Oats Upma with fuel you up for a busy day and have you feeling good throughout!
Servings: 2 people
- ½ cup Rolled Oats
- ½ tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 tbsp Curry Leaves
- ½ inch Ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 Green Chillies (finely sliced)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- ¼ cup Green Peas
- ¼ Cup Carrots (diced)
- ¼ cup Green Beans (sliced )
- 2 tbsp Coriander (finely chopped )
- 1 cup Water
- In a wide skillet over medium heat, add the rolled oats and roast them for about 3 to 4 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Once you have achieved a nice golden color, transfer to a bowl to cool and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the coconut oil and heat.
- Add the mustard seeds and cook them for about 1 minute, until you hear them crackling.
- Add the cumin seeds and cook further for about a minute.
- Add the peanuts and curry leaves and cook them for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped ginger and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and chillies and cook until the onion is completely softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, peas, and green beans and cook and mix well to combine.
- Add the water and cover the skillet with a lid. Let the vegetables cook in the water for about 5 minutes.
Serving: 150g | Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 339mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3500IU | Vitamin C: 315mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 2mg