Nutritious Oats Upma
- ½ cup Rolled Oats
- ½ tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 tbsp Curry Leaves
- ½ inch Ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 Green Chillies (finely sliced)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- ¼ cup Green Peas
- ¼ Cup Carrots (diced)
- ¼ cup Green Beans (sliced )
- 2 tbsp Coriander (finely chopped )
- 1 cup Water
- In a wide skillet over medium heat, add the rolled oats and roast them for about 3 to 4 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Once you have achieved a nice golden color, transfer to a bowl to cool and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the coconut oil and heat.
- Add the mustard seeds and cook them for about 1 minute, until you hear them crackling.
- Add the cumin seeds and cook further for about a minute.
- Add the peanuts and curry leaves and cook them for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped ginger and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and chillies and cook until the onion is completely softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, peas, and green beans and cook and mix well to combine.
- Add the water and cover the skillet with a lid. Let the vegetables cook in the water for about 5 minutes.