Mushroom and Quinoa Burger
- In a medium pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add the Dried Shiitake mushrooms. Boil the shiitake mushrooms for about 5 minutes until they are completely rehydrated.
- Once the mushrooms are soft, roughly chop them.
- In a food processor, add the chopped mushrooms, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, hummus seasoning, and olive oil.
- Process into a smooth paste. If needed, add a little more olive oil to form a smooth paste.
- In a bowl, add the cooked quinoa and the mushroom paste. Mix vigorously to create a homogenous mixture. Divide the burger mixture into 2 portions and flatten to look like burger patties
- Freeze the patties for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the buns in olive oil.
- To cook the burgers, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick pan. Place the patties onto the pan and cook each side for 3 to 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Spread a spoonful of mayo onto the bun, top with lettuce and tomato and enjoy these healthy and vegan burgers with chips or fries!