Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Miso Mushroom Soup
Hit those umami notes with our premium quality Shiitake Mushrooms, Almond Butter & Shiro Miso that come together as one.
Servings: 4 people
- Basic Kitchen Equipment
- 1 White onion (chopped)
- 30 g Dried Shiitake mushroom (thin slices)
- 250 ml Mushroom water
- 750 ml Water
- 3 Garlic cloves (Thinly sliced)
- 2 Tbsp Organic Black Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Unblanched Almond butter
- 1 Tbsp Broth powder ((Bouillon))
- 1 Tsp Light Soy sauce
- 1 Tsp Shiro Miso paste
- 1 Tsp Organic Black Pepper powder
- 1 Tbsp Ginger (Minced)
- 10 g Spring onion (Garnish )
- Finely dice the onion, use a peeler to make thin ginger threads & cut the garlic into thin chips, set aside.
- Boil the mushrooms in water till they soften and save aside the liquid.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of dark sesame oil. (Low smoking point)
- Once oil is hot, add onion, Sauté for 3 minutes and add in the ginger and garlic. (Stir Frequently)
- Once softened, Add mushrooms and sauté for 10 minutes, until mushrooms are less chewy.
- Stir in the broth powder to 750ml of hot water and add to the pot and bring to a boil, followed by the the mushroom liquid (250ml).
- While simmering, spoon in the almond butter, stir well and cover with a lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Ladle the soup in a bowl and garnish with chives or spring onions.
Serving: 200g | Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 540mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 18IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg