Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Mediterranean Polenta Tikki
A flavorful Mediterranean twist on the classic Indian street food! It is topped with Urban Platter's perfectly plant-based pesto to make you feel like you're sitting in a breezy cafe by the beaches of Sicily.
Servings: 6 tikkis
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add 10 ml of olive oil. Add the finely diced onions and cook until they are golden brown.
- In a separate pot, bring the 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the instant polenta to the onions and stir well. Toast the polenta with the onions for 1 minute. Add 20 g of the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and the boiling water.
- Cook the polenta for about 3 to 5 minutes and season with salt and cracked black pepper. While the polenta is cooking, line a baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Once the polenta is cooked, pour it into the prepared baking pan and flatten the top using the back of a measuring cup. Place the baking pan into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Refrigerating the cooked polenta will seize all the starches and will allow you to cut it into tikkis of any shape.
- Once the polenta is completely cold and set, cut it into your desired shapes.
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, add 10 ml of olive oil. Fry the Polenta tikkis in the oil until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Repeat this process with all of the tikkis and transfer them to a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain off the excess oil.
- To serve, top the polenta tikkis with a dollop of the Vegan Basil Pesto and the remaining chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
Serving: 30g | Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 234mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 101IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg