Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Matta Rice Buddha Bowl
Kerala Red Matta Rice is one of the most fibre rich and healthy rice preparations out there! Matta Rice is very similar to brown rice in its nutritional properties and flavour. This recipe is beautifully amped up with the help of delicious veggies and marinades.
Servings: 1 buddha bowl
For the Matta Rice
For the Chickpea Salad:
Making the Red Matta Rice
- In a pot, add the rinsed Matta Rice and the water. Cover with a lid and cook the rice for 10 to 15 inutes, until completely soft.
- In bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, mixed herbs, and salt and pepper to season. Add the cooked beets and the cooked rice.
- Mix well to coat everything and set aside.
Making the Chickpea Salad
- In a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and chickpeas. Cook the chickpeas over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and cook further for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the bell peppers are cooked, set it aside.
Making the Green Beans
- In a pan over medium heat, add the the olive oil and the minced garlic.
- Add the cooked green beans and mix well to coat the beans with the garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to season, rice vinegar, soy sauce and sesame seeds.
- Mix well to coat the green beans and set aside.
- Assembling the Buddha Bowl
- In a large bowl, add the Rice with beets in the bottom.
- Top the rice with the chickpea salad and green beans and enjoy!
Serving: 300g | Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 2347mg | Potassium: 1741mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 11530IU | Vitamin C: 430mg | Calcium: 297mg | Iron: 7mg