Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Matcha & Jasmine Tea Cheesecake
We went and gave our 2 most delicious teas a full makeover! This delicious Vegan cheesecake might remind you of one of our most popular recipes from the past! Can you guess which one we're talking about?
Servings: 8 pieces
For the Cheesecake Filling
Making the Cheesecake Crust
- Prepare a springform pan by lining the bottom with baking paper.
- In a food processor, add the pecans and almonds and process until slightly gritty and coarse.
- Add the dessicated coconut, and dates and process again until it comes together and is sticky.
- Transfer this mixture into the springform pan and press down to make an even layer of crust.
- Refrigerate this for 1 to 2 hours until firm.
Making the Cheesecake Filling
- In a small pot, add the water and bring to a boil. Add the jasmine tea leaves and boil for 2 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add ½ cup of the tea into a pot.
- Bring the tea to a simmer and add the agar agar powder to it. Whisk well so that there are no lumps and boil this mixture for 20 seconds.
- Transfer this liquid to a high-speed blender. Add the soaked cashews, coconut cream, vanilla extract, lemon juice, maple syrup, and matcha powder.
- Blend this mixture until super smooth and silky.
- Remove the crust from the fridge and pour this mixture onto it.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours.
Making the Matcha Gelee
- In a pot, add the remaining tea and bring to a simmer. Add the coconut milk, agar powder, and matcha powder.
- Boil this mixture for 30 seconds and pour over the completely set cheesecake.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once the cheesecake is fully set, remove from the fridge and enjoy!
Serving: 200g | Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 454mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 368IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 4mg