Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
The love for Chai is very real at Urban Platter! However, we always make sure that we come up with plant-based alternatives for our chai, and this recipe is one of those! Made using traditional spices and almond milk, and sweetened with our beautiful pure maple syrup, this chai will definitely soothe your soul!
Servings: 2 cups
- In a mortar, add the cardamoms, cloves, ginger and cinnamon.
- Using the pestle, beat the spices and ginger into a rough paste.
- In a pot, add the water, spice and ginger paste and bring to a boil.
- Add the tea leaves and boil for 3 to 4 minutes
- Add the almond milk and boil for another minute.
- Using a tea strainer, strain the chai into your cups and add a dash of maple syrup as per your liking of sweetness.
Serving: 50ml | Calories: 27kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 29mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 175mg | Iron: 1mg
Price: (incl. of tax)