Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Maple and Oat Breakfast Cookies
Your boring mornings are about to get a makeover with this delicious and nutritious breakfast cookie! Fortified with premium Maple syrup and fiber-rich oats, this cookie is sure to fuel you enough for the day. Pro Tip: Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee!
Servings: 8 cookies
- In a small bowl, add the ground flax seeds and 3 tbsp of water. Set aside to thicken. This thickened paste of flax seeds will act as a softener and binder in the cookies, a property that eggs usually add to cookie recipes.
- In a large bowl, add the coconut oil and dark brown sugar. Using an electric whisk, beat this mixture for about 3 to 4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add in the thickened flax paste, maple syrup, vanilla essence and whisk well. A thick paste will form after you have added the flax seeds.
- Fold in the oats, gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Finally, add the chocolate and fold once more to incorporate.
- Portion the cookie dough into 60g pieces and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Refrigerate the baking sheet for about 60 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Compress the dough with your hands, flatten into flat discs and slide the baking sheet into the oven.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes. Cool off the cookies completely before storing them in a jar.
- This cookie is the perfect breakfast as it contains all the required dietary fiber and energy to start your day the right way! It is also great to dunk into a cup of hot coffee.
Serving: 60g | Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 416mg | Potassium: 80mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg