Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Malvani Potato Rassa
From the coastal region of Malvan comes this fiery recipe made using Urban Platter's perfect blend of regional spices. You might need a glass (or two) of cold water while you devour this Potato Rassa because it sure is spicy!
Servings: 4 people
For Peanut and Onion Paste
Making the Peanut and Onion Paste
- In a blender jar, add all of the ingredients stated under Peanut and Onion Paste
- Blend into a paste. Add more water if needed to blend all ingredients in a a very smooth paste.
- Once blended, transfer to a bowl and set aside. You can even do this step the day before!
Making the Potato Rassa
- In a wide skillet, add the olive oil and heat. Add the mustard seeds and cook them until you hear them crackling and start to splutter
- Add the onions and cook until they are slightly browned. Add the Peanut and Onion paste.
- Cook the paste with the onions on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- When you see that most of the water has evaporated, add the Malvani Masala and cook for about 2 minutes. We are basically trying to cook the raw taste of the spices out.
- Add the potatoes and mix well to coat. Add the water and cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes.
- Finish the Rassa with coconut milk, jaggery powder, chopped coriander and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Savour the spicy Malvani Potato Rassa with chapatis or over a bowl of steamed rice.
Serving: 200g | Calories: 785kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 57g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 1541mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 21IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 4mg