Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Lebanese Mezze Platter
A feast for the eyes and for your belly! Follow along with this recipe for the perfect Lebanese Party Platter! This recipe might look long and daunting, but don't worry at all because it is really easy to execute!
Servings: 6 people
For the Hummus
For the Marinated Red Bell Pepper
For the Lebanese Roasted Cauliflower
For the Marinated Green Olives
Other Components for the Platter
- 5-6 Figs (cut into quarters)
- 1 Cucumber (sliced)
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes (cut into half)
- 1 can Sweet and Spicy Dolmas
Making the Hummus
- In a high speed blender, add the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, oil, and water.
- Blend on high speed until completely blended and smooth. In between blending, ensure to scrape the sides of the blender using a spatula.
- Once the hummus is blended well, add the lemon juice and salt and blend again.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with a plastic wrap in a way that the plastic is touching the surface of the hummus.
- Refrigerate until we are ready to use it!
Making the Marinated Bell Peppers
- Once the roasted bell pepper has been fully peeled, place it on a cutting board and cut into your desired shape. We have cut them into large strips.
- Place the bell pepper in a small bowl and proceed to sprinkle with za’atar, parsley, salt and pepper, and drizzle the olive oil as well.
- Mix well to coat the bell pepper completely and set the marinated bell peppers aside.
Making the Roasted Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- In a roasting pan, add the cauliflower florets.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle the Lebanese Kafta seasoning over the cauliflower.
- Using your hands, mix well to coat all of the cauliflower florets with the oil and the seasoning.
- Place the roasting tray in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is completely cooked, remove from the oven and garnish with the chopped parsley.
- Set aside until we are ready to serve!
Making the Marinated Green Olives
- In a bowl, add all of the ingredients mentioned above and let the olives marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Making the Za’atar Pita Bread
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Place the Pita bread on a baking tray and bake until golden brown and toasty.
- Once toasted, remove from the oven and brush the olive oil over all the bread.
- Now, sprinkle the Za’atar over the Pita generously! Remember that all the flavour will be coming from the za’atar, so the more you add the better!
Assembling the Mezze Platter
- Now is the time where our hard work will come to life!
- To begin assembling the Mezze Platter, start off by placing the hummus in the center and place the rest of the components around it!
Serving: 100g | Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 37g | Sodium: 262mg | Potassium: 668mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1562IU | Vitamin C: 112mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 2mg