Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Kochi Idli Stew
A humble dish straight from the backwaters of Kerala. This recipe will feel like a warm hug after a long day and what's great is that you can add whatever you have in your fridge to it. Enhanced by our newly launched coconut milk and cream, this dish is tasty, healthy, and hassle-free!
Servings: 6 people
- In a kadhai over a medium flame, add the coconut oil and heat. Add the curry leaves and cook them until they start to splatter and foam.
- Add the ginger and cook further for about 2 minutes. Add the carrots and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and mix them well. Cook this vegetable medley for about 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and coconut cream to the the vegetables and stir well. Cook the stew for about 8 to 10 minutes until the gravy thickens slightly.
- To serve, place 2 idlis in a bowl and pour the coconut stew over the idlis. Top the idli stew with the garlicky Idli Chutney Powder and enjoy while hot!
Serving: 70g | Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 309mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2134IU | Vitamin C: 110mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg
Coconut Milk for Baking