Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
KFC Style Soya Chaap
That crispy exterior and a beautifully flavorful marinade can simply make for the best fried Soya Chaap and this recipe does exactly that!
Servings: 6 chaaps
- 6 Soya Chaaps (scored)
For the Marinade:
For the Krispy Coating:
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- Oil For Frying
Marinating the Soya Chaap:
- In a bowl, add all of the ingredients listed under the marinade.
- Using a whisk, mix well until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Add the scored Soya Chaap to the the marinade and coat them well.
- Store the Chaap overnight in the marinade.
Coating and Frying the Soya Chaap:
- In a large bowl, add the flour, cornstarch, and seasonings. Mix well to combine.
- One by one, remove the chaaps from the marinade and coat them lightly in the dry coating.
- Set aside until all of the chaaps have been coated evenly. Heat the oil to 180 C.
- Fry the coated Soya Chaaps in the hot oil until they are perfectly crispy and delicious!
- Enjoy with your favorite dips and sauces.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 56IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg
Price: (incl. of tax)