Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Irish Shepherd's Pie
Shepherd's Pie is one of the most famous Irish dishes of the world. It is traditionally made with minced meat and topped with fluffy potatoes. Our perfectly plant-based version of Shepherd'sPie is made using fresh vegetables and lentils to give it a meaty mouthfeel and a robust and earthy flavour.
Servings: 4 people
For the Shepherd's Pie Filling
Making the Filling
- In a large bowl, add the hot water and the Chicken Bouillon Powder and mix well to combine. Set the broth aside.
- In a wide skillet, add some oil and heat over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped onions and cook further for 2 minutes, until they are translucent.
- Add the carrots and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are slightly soft.
- Now, add the mushrooms and cook until most of the water has evaporated.
- Add the green peas, tomato paste, and mixed herbs, salt & pepper to taste, and mix well to combine.
- Add the flour and the Chicken broth and mix well to combine, and cook until the mixture makes thickens slightly.
- Flatten the Shepherd's Pie mixture in the pan and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
Making the Mashed Potatoes
- In a large bowl, add the boiled potatoes, ¼ cup of the almond milk and the extra virgin olive oil.
- Using a masher, mash the potatoes into a smooth consistency.
- Add the rest of the almond milk and mix everything well to combine.
Assembling the Shepherd's Pie
- Top the cooked filling mixture with the mashed potatoes and flatten the layer evenly.
- Using a fork, make lines all over the surface of the mashed potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy Piping hot right out of the oven.
Serving: 200g | Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 1204mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2898IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 3mg