Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Immunity Boosting Turmeric Pulao
During these winter months and with pollution wreaking havoc, our immunity is our best defence system! This Pulao is loaded with the immunity boosting properties of turmeric and several other whole spices.
Servings: 2 people
- In a mortar and pestle, gently pound the whole spices to bring out the aroma and essential oils from them.
- In a wide pot over medium heat, add the vegan ghee and melt.
- Add the pounded whole spices to the ghee and toast for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the curry leaves and let them splatter. Be careful in this step!
- Now, add the rice and toast along with the spices for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the water and Selam Haldi powder and stir to mix well.
- Bring the water to a light simmer and cover the pot.
- Cook the rice covered for 10 to 12 minutes on medium heat.
- Turn the heat off and let the rice steam in the pot itself for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and fluff the Pulao with a fork for the best texture!
- Enjoy this delicious pulao with a dash of our delicious Turmeric Pickle!
Serving: 100g | Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 154IU | Vitamin C: 71mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2mg