Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Urban Platter Hummus
An Urban Platter take on the classic Middle-Eastern chickpea dip, enhanced with our newest Olive Oil
- Rinse the soaked chickpeas under running water and transfer them into a large pot. Fill the pot with water until the chickpeas are completely covered with water.
- Add the baking soda and a few pinches of salt to the water and start boiling the chickpeas. Continue boiling the chickpeas until they are soft or for about 1 to 1½ hours.
- You will need to skim the foam and impurities that will float to the surface at regular intervals. Make sure you skim the impurities extremely well as this will hugely affect the taste of your hummus.
- Once the chickpeas are fully cooked, drain the water and transfer to a bowl to cool slightly but do not refrigerate the boiled chickpeas.
- In a blender, add the cooked chickpeas, water, garlic, tahini, and 180 ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and blend until a smooth puree is formed.
- Transfer your incredibly smooth and creamy hummus to a bowl and garnish with smoked paprika and the remaining Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Serving: 100g | Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg