Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Goan Mixed Vegetable Xacuti
One of the oldest curries in Goan culture, the spice blend for Xacuti Masala varies in each household. Our blend of Xacuti is perfectly balanced and mimics this traditional curry exceptionally!
Servings: 4 people
- In a wide pot, add the olive oil and heat over a medium flame.
- Add the onions and cook them until they are slightly golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the Ginger-Garlic Paste and cook further for 2 to 3 minutes on a medium flame, until the raw aroma of the paste has disappeared.
- Add 2 tbsp of the Xacuti Masala to the cooked onions and cook over medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower florets and mix well to coat them in the masala.
- Add 100 ml of water and let the cauliflower cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cut bell peppers and cook further for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and let he Xacuti simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets, cover the Xacuti and cook it for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once all the vegetables have cooked, you should have a thick and creamy gravy that you can enjoy with chapatis or steamed rice!
Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 399IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg