Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Gajar ka Halwa
There is no other season like winter for the best root vegetables in India! One of the favourites are the gorgeously orange-red winter carrots and does this crowd-favourite recipe even need an introduction?
Servings: 2 people
- In a wide pot over medium heat, add the grated carrots and cover it with a lid.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the carrots steam for 10 minutes, until they are broken down and soft.
- Now, add the almond flour and maple syrup.
- Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Cover with a lid and let cook covered for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir the halwa mixture after every 5 minute intervals.
- Add the cashews, almonds, and raisins and mix well again.
- Let the halwa cook further for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy warm!
Serving: 100g | Calories: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 97g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 352mg | Potassium: 1266mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 61g | Vitamin A: 42767IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 358mg | Iron: 2mg