Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Who says tacos can only come from the streets of Mexico? At Urban Platter, we are lovers of all things international and are always looking for ways to bring you new and interesting combinations. This sushi like taco combines the flavors of Japan and Mexico to bring you a sublime combination of spice, crunch and umami!
Servings: 6 tacos
- In a medium bowl, add the rice flour along with ¼ cup of cold water and mix well to form a slurry. In a large bowl add the panko crumbs.
- Dip the cut pieces of smoked tofu in the rice flour slurry and into the bowl with the panko crumbs coating the tofu on all sides.
- Once the tofu is coated completely, transfer it to a plate and set aside. Repeat this process with all the pieces of tofu. Meanwhile heat up the oil for deep frying to about 200°C
- In a bowl, add the carrots and radish. Add the lime juice, salt and cracked black pepper to season the vegetables.
- Fry the crumbed pieces of tofu in the hot oil and transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper and drain all the excess oil.
- Once all the tofu is fried and crispy, we are ready to build our fusion tacos!
- On a plate, place the pieces of sushi nori. Top with the seasoned radish and carrot mixture and the crispy tofu.
- Drizzle a generous amount of Vegan Chipotle Mayo on the tofu and garnish with black sesame seeds.
Serving: 50g | Calories: 798kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 85g | Saturated Fat: 68g | Sodium: 84mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1439IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg