Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Fudgy Chocolate Cookies
The perfect cookie is a balance of a fudgy and gooey texture on the inside and a crunchy and crumbly exterior. This recipe for Fudgy Cookies is made with our newest 55% Couverture Chocolate Bar that is curated in collaboration with the amazing chocolatiers at Mason & Co. and yields the perfect cookie every time!
Servings: 19 cookies
- In a large heat-proof glass bowl, add the chocolate.
- Place this bowl over a pot of boiling water. This setup is known as a double boiler and ensures that the chocolate doesn't get overheated and burnt as it melts.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, add the sunflower oil to it and mix well to combine.
- Remove the pot of boiling water from the heat, but keep the bowl on top for the mixture to stay warm as it is very important.
- In a separate pot, add the water and the sugar and heat until the sugar dissolves and a syrup is formed.
- Add the sugar syrup to the melted chocolate mixture, combine well and place it back on top of the warm water pot to keep warm.
- Place a fine mesh strainer on top of the bowl and add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Sift the dry ingredients directly into the chocolate mixture.
- Using a spatula, gently combine all of the ingredients into a thick cookie dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, portion the cookie dough onto the baking sheet and place in the oven to bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once the cookies are baked, remove them from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy with warm milk or coffee!
Serving: 50g | Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg