Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Fluffy Ladi Pav
Pav has been an inherent part of Indian culture since colonial times! The Portuguese first introduced this soft and fluffy bread in the 17th century and it has since been adapted into so many different forms all over the country. Our version is obviously a plant-based version, and just as fluffy, soft and delicious like any other pav!
Servings: 12 pav
- In a large bowl, add the lukewarm almond milk, sugar and active dry yeast.
- Combine well and mix until the yeast is dissolved. Keep the bowl in a warm place for the yeast to be activated. This will take about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once the yeast mixture is bubbly, add the all purpose flour and salt. Mix this dough slightly until a crumbly mixture is formed.
- Transfer the crumbly mixture to a clean surface and knead well for 5 to 6 minutes. Add the olive oil and further knead for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough back to the bowl and cover with a towel. Set the bowl in a warm and temperate place for 2 hours for the yeast to work its magic. This process in bread baking is called bulk fermentation.
- Once the dough has tripled in size, transfer it back to a clean surface and flatten the dough. Using the tips of your fingers, make indents in the flat dough and slowly form a log of the dough.
- Portion the dough into equal parts and form rounds of the dough. Place these rounds in a baking tray with baking paper. Repeat this process with the remaining portions.
- Cover the baking tray with a lid and let the yeast further ferment and create the air rockets that we desire. This step in bread baking is called proofing.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Once the portions have doubled in size, coat the tops with almond milk and bake the pav in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Once you achieve a beautiful golden brown color on them, take them out and brush with olive oil.
- Enjoy pav with the traditional pav bhaji or with anything else that requires some soft, airy, fluffy pockets of goodness!
Serving: 50g | Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg