Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Easy Vegan Yoghurt Drinks
Lassi and Chaas are two of the most common and delicious Yoghurt drinks around the country! Using our easy to use Yoghurt culture,
For the Cashew Yoghurt
For the Mango Lassi
For Masala Chaas
- 1 1/2 cup Cashew Yoghurt
- 1 cup Mint Leaves
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander leaves (roughly chopped )
- 2 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 cup Cold Water
- 1 tsp Salt
Making the Cashew Yoghurt
- In a large bowl, add the cashews and the hot water and let it soak for 3 to 4 hours.
- Strain the cashews and add to a high-speed blender along the Cold water and blend until a super smooth cashew milk is formed.
- Place 3 cups of the Cashew Milk in a pot over medium heat and bring it to a simmer.
- Add the tapioca starch to the hot cashew milk and whisk well to combine.
- Bring this mixture to a boil and transfer to a bowl to cool down.
- Once the cashew milk is completely cool, add the contents of the 3 capsules of Yoghurt culture into the milk.
- Cover the yoghurt mix and place in a cool and dry place for 10 hours.
- Now, refrigerate this yoghurt mixture for 4 hours until it gets set like yoghurt.
Making the Mango Lassi
- In a high speed blender, add 1 cup of the yoghurt, mangoes, sugar, saffron, and cardamom powder.
- Blend until completely smooth and thick.
- Transfer to you desired glass and enjoy chilled!
Making the Masala Chaas
- In a high speed blender, add 1 cup yoghurt, cold water, cumin powder, mint, and coriander.
- Blend for about a minute and enjoy this vegan buttermilk chilled!
Serving: 100ml | Calories: 2161kcal | Carbohydrates: 257g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 118g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 21g | Monounsaturated Fat: 64g | Sodium: 2407mg | Potassium: 2891mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 161g | Vitamin A: 6730IU | Vitamin C: 144mg | Calcium: 377mg | Iron: 29mg
Kashmiri Saffron Kesar